Industrial Designer – Job Description
Optimal Design is seeking a senior level industrial designer to help lead our growing design group. This position will challenge the selected applicant to lead design teams on a broad array of projects ranging from consumer electronics to industrial goods and medical equipment. The right fit for this position will have a minimum of five years industrial design experience as well as a proven track record of exercising design principles from user-centric research through to manufacture. Excellent sketching and visual communication skills are a must, along with a solid understanding of manufacturing processes. Consulting experience is a plus and candidates must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment. We need an outgoing, self-managing problem solver who can think on his/her feet, with the ability to step in at all levels of design from concept development to advanced 3D surfacing. Responsibilities will include hands-on design work, client interface, project management, training of junior staff and ensuring an outstanding level of design output.
Optimal Design offers competitive salary and benefits packages and can offer the right person upward mobility and a chance to step into a dynamic role.
- Excellent sketching and visual communication skills
- Problem solver and thinking partner
- Outgoing, engaging, energetic personality
- Strong ability to design for manufacture
- 3D CAD ability with Rhino, Pro/E or SolidWorks
- Strong sense of form, proportion and detail
- Ability to manage projects with a long view
- Plays nice with others
- Ability to convey professionalism in person, by phone and in writing
- Desire to empower yourself and affect your environment
- Understanding of the overall design process from research to manufacture
- Minimum five years of experience in ID
Please submit cover letter, resume and work samples via email to: