Business Development Associate
Who We Are
At Optimal Design, we build cutting-edge technology solutions for clients across many industries. For over fifteen years, our team of expert designers, engineers and programmers have been dedicated to delivering beautifully and intelligently designed products that exceed our clients’ expectations. Our commitment to best-in-class user experiences, industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering has earned us recognition as an industry leader in IoT connected solutions, virtual reality, and wearables.
We take pride in our collaborative and cross-disciplinary approach to projects, working with the speed of a startup and the wisdom of industry veterans. As a member of our growing sales team, you’ll help identify and land development opportunities in the medical, industrial, virtual reality, and consumer electronics markets.
This position is located in Arlington Heights, Illinois at our company headquarters. Light travel is required and could range from 5-20% due to customer visits and requirements of attending and setting up for tradeshows. A college degree and a minimum of 1 year of industry/technical/sales experience is required. Technical aptitude is a must, as this position requires discussions related to product development services with the customer. Candidate must be able to present to groups with confidence and accuracy. Training on Optimal Design’s services and capabilities will be provided.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive Compensation Structure
- Medical and Dental Insurance Programs
- Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off
- Ongoing Training and Development
Desired Skills and Expertise
- Competitive, passion for technology, prospecting and qualification skills, customer service, motivation for sales, closing skills, self-confidence, presentation skills, client relationships, internal communication, phone and writing skills.
- Cultivate sales leads from existing CRM as well as through networking, cold calls, and additional sales tools
- Initiate sales process by qualifying leads, scheduling appointments, making initial presentation, and interviewing customers to understand project requirements.
- Field general questions about Optimal Designs capabilities and services.
- Provide historical data by maintaining records on client accounts and sales activities.
- Strategic advancement of customer relations, including ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention as well as identification of upsell potential
- Close sales by building rapport with potential accounts
- Maintain the customer database and ensure clean handoffs occur between sales and the development teams.
- Participate in regional trade shows and exhibitions.
- Keep management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly call reports, work plans, and monthly and annual
- Coordinate with technical leads to generate proposals in an efficient manner
- Work with customers to understand their development process and identify opportunities for Optimal Design to provide value
What We’ll Need
If you’re as crazy about innovative product design as we are, please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com with the Subject “Business Development Associate 2018-05”