Industrial Designer – Job Description
Optimal Design is growing its Industrial Design team. Candidates at all experience levels will be considered, and compensation is commensurate with experience. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or green card holders. New team members will be based in the Arlington Heights headquarters, located at 601 West Campus Drive, or the Chicago studio located at 566 West Adams St.
Who We Are
At Optimal Design, we build cutting-edge technology solutions for clients across many industries. For over fifteen years, our team of expert designers and engineers have been dedicated to delivering beautifully and intelligently designed products that exceed the expectations of our customers. Our commitment to best-in-class user experiences, industrial design, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software engineering has earned us recognition as an industry leader in IoT and connected solutions.
We take pride in our collaborative and cross-disciplinary approach to projects, working with the speed of a startup and the wisdom of industry veterans. As a member of our growing team, you’ll help solve important challenges in the medical, industrial, virtual reality, and consumer electronics markets.
What You’ll Do
As an Industrial Designer at Optimal Design, you will:
- Employ user-centered design principles to understand and improve product experiences
- Compose new-to-world concept designs by any means necessary
- Develop concepts with our team of designers and engineers
- Prototype solutions using sourced materials and advanced equipment
- Engage with clients to understand requirements and provide outstanding customer service
Who We’re Looking For
An ideal candidate:
- Has a degree from an Industrial or Product Design program
- Has excellent sketching and visual communication skills
- Has CAD experience with Rhino, Pro/E or SolidWorks
- Is a resourceful researcher and problem solver
- Has the ability to convey professionalism in person, by phone and in writing
- Has a desire to positively affect their environment
- Is a tenacious and passionate learner
What We’ll Need
If you’re as crazy about innovative product design as we are, please send the following to email@example.com with the Subject “Industrial Designer 2018-01”:
- Resume + Cover Letter
- Portfolio (keep under 10MB)
- One Paragraph Response: What piece of technology (invented since the time you’ve been born) has most improved or impacted your life?