Pregis – RFID Enabled Equipment
The Pregis Quantum XT paper system was rigorously redesigned for cost reduction, improved UI/UX and product aesthetics, and integrated wireless security technologies. Optimal Design successfully reduced the cost of each unit by over 50% and engineered an innovative new way to identify and track the type of paper used. The result? Increased sales and profits, enhanced usability, improved functionality, and peace of mind knowing that Pregis paper product is being utilized in every Quantum XT machine.
- Industrial Design
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Software and Firmware development
- Tooling, manufacturing, assembly support
- Refreshed product styling and display graphics appropriate for commercial settings.
- Redesigned button layout and improved handles/touch points
- Redesigned mechanical assemblies and subsystems to reduce cost, number of parts, and complexity
- Improved motor controls for enhanced performance
- Consolidated multiple PCB’s into one main board
- Designed innovative security control features to track product via BlueTooth, NFC and RFID
- Managed all China tooling and manufacturing activities, including supplier qualification, tool design package release and First Article/Lot inspection