Optimal Design Mechanical Engineering Position
Optimal Design Co., a fast paced product development firm in the Chicago area, is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, and creative mechanical engineer to become an integral part of our team.
Principal duties include, but are not limited to:
- Part design, creating drawings, and assemblies using Creo or Solidworks
- Development of manufacturing processes for high volume production.
- Project management, including scheduling, supplier management, and creating bills of materials.
- Hands-on construction of functional prototypes.
- Creation of test plans, testing, and other related tasks.
- Trouble shooting and problem solving for new and existing designs.
We offer excellent benefits and growth potential. If you strive for design excellence and innovative solutions, send us your resume and salary history.
- The ideal candidate will have:
- BSME with 0-5 years of mechanical engineering experience
- Proficiency in advanced solid modeling using Creo or Solidworks
- Experience working in project teams that include other disciplines (e.g. industrial design, electrical engineering, and software development)
- Excellent communication skills, self-managing, and detail oriented.
- An in depth knowledge of various manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal forming, and metal castings.
- Knowledge of rapid prototyping processes and how to best utilize them for product development.
- Experience using structural and/or thermal FEA analysis software
- A high degree of technical proficiency in mechanical engineering which includes knowledge of design for manufacturability and assembly, materials, processes, tolerance analysis, etc.
- Possess the ability to design and manage projects efficiently and effectively through all phases from concept through production.
- Experience working with domestic and overseas suppliers